You will need:
- Leafy greens (chopped lettuce, spinach, aragula, beetroot leaves)
- A carrot, grated
- Half a capsicum, sliced thinly
- Half a red onion, sliced thinly (only if you like it)
- OPTIONAL: A handful (100g) of green beans, ends removed, chopped in half
- Literally just mix it all together. Boom. Salad mix that you can hide in everything and barely taste. Put that baby in the fridge.
Now, the basic, uncut leaves and veg should keep for the week in the fridge. Undressed salad will only keep 3-5 days in the fridge, so I would recommend making the salad mix twice a week. Pick two days, say Monday and Thursday, and spend three minutes making your salad for the days in between. Otherwise you’ll be making salad for every meal.
Don’t freak out if it’s looking slightly wilted day 3-4, but if it goes slimy, throw it out and check that your fridge isn’t too warm. There should be a dial in the back somewhere you can turn to adjust the temperature.