So, this is an adaptation of one of my personal favourite salads. It’s super crisp and zingy and isn’t one of those boring, leafy garden salads. Green beans are actually super yummy raw! I personally reckon raw beans beat soggy steamed ones any day.
You will need:
- 120-150g green beans, ends removed and chopped in half
- 50g feta cheese, chopped/crumbled
- About 10 olives (either green or kalamata), halved
- 5-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A sprinkling of dried mint leaves
- A pinch of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- A teaspoon of olive oil
Mix everything together in a bowl, dress it with the oil and vinegar, and season to taste! Don’t be shy with the black pepper either.
And voila! That’s it!
Adapting the recipe:
- Not an olive or tomato person? Just leave them out! It’s still really good without them.
- If you’re feeling a little adventurous, cut an apple into quarters, and dice one of them! Toss the diced apple through for a bite of sweetness to contrast the salty feta and acidic vinegar. Use lemon juice to keep the rest of the apple fresh, and have it for dessert!
- Not vegetarian? Shred half a chicken breast and throw it in!